Sunday 13 April 2014

Cruise -- Boat Stuff

It was really tough to choose three photos in this category.  Being my first cruise, there was a lot to see.  I'm really into the logistics of how things work . .  which is probably why I'm a vice principal . . . I like organizing big ideas to make them operationally efficient, but I don't like coming up with the ideas myself.  I've spent the last five years running the Lock Down and Fire Drills in schools.  Before we set sail, lifeboat drills were mandatory.  They took attendance.  If you didn't participate, they held a special session for you later in the day.


This first photo was taken during a Man Overboard drill that they ran while in port at Honduras.  They used one of the lifeboats to go after the "missing" person.  The lowering of the lifeboat to deck level, the loading of the boat, and then lowering to the water was interesting to see.  They then moored the boat to an opening on deck three that we used for tendering at Belize.  They must have run training sessions for the lifeboat pilots during the day, because they were boating around the harbour all day.



I was wondering where the gas station was . . . . the gas station comes to the ship.














I don't know what these lights are for, but they are located on the deck on top of the bridge.  This was the best place to take pictures of the sunsets, but I didn't discover it until the last day of the cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment