Friday 31 January 2014

January 31

Today was the first day of my leave, but really it felt like a Saturday since the girls were home due to their PD day.

I can honestly say that I went to the airport, for a walk on the beach, and on a bike ride to Downton Abbey and back.  However, if I told you the whole truth, it wasn't that exciting a day.  Firstly, I was picking up Derek from the airport.  He had the audacity to go on a trip to France for work the week BEFORE my leave started.  Secondly, the beach was frozen.  It was a beautiful day compared to most days last month, but it was still Lake Ontario in January.  And lastly, the bike ride was on my stationary bike in the basement, while watching season 2 episode of Downton Abbey.  Not the thrilling start to an adventurous sabbatical.  I guess it really won't hit me that I'm on Sabbatical until Monday when the girls are back at school.

1 comment:

  1. I can call you early Monday morning and ask you not to give me an oncall or something. Anything to help your transition. :)

    ReplyDelete