Wednesday 26 February 2014

Book #1 -- The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida

These posts are more for my benefit than anyone else's.  But if you are looking for a book to read, you can be forewarned by my opinions, if you respect them.  I promise I will never spoil the ending.
 ...................................................................................................................

To be honest, I was disappointed. . . but I think I was expecting a novel like The Curious Incident.  I couldn't get over the Question/Answer format.

However, if one is curious about autism from a first person account, it is a good little book.  It is a quick read, and although repetitious at times, it conveys what one young man's experiences have been living with autism.  The book is interspersed with some short stories/tales that have been written by the author.  It would be interesting to read the book with a teen who lives with autism and/or his/her parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment