Thursday 27 March 2014

March 27

It feels like all I do is study these days.

I am in the middle of two on-line courses . . . Introduction to Finance (I am learning a lot about the language of finance, which is the biggest hurdle that I have to overcome in terms of all the accounting/finance information that I get in the corporate governance world) and A Beginner's Guide to Irrational Behaviour which is a course in Behavioural Economics.  Both need 6-8 hours a week, so two full days a week dedicated to these.  Right now I'm working ahead so that I can enjoy my cruise with no course worries.

I'm also working on my Chartered Director designation.  I have finished four of five modules.  The last module is at the beginning of May, and then the exam is in June.  There is a lot of reading for this program.  

I just got back from Ottawa with Kaitlyn. . . we drove up Sunday afternoon and returned Monday evening.  Kaitlyn had the opportunity to swim with the uOttawa and Carleton teams.  She loved both teams and it was really hard for her to make a decision.  She has accepted Carleton.  It is really hard to believe that Kaitlyn won't be living with us next year.  :(  Go Ravens Go!



No comments:

Post a Comment